Most people don't know how to properly clean a plush toy. As a result, their plush toys become stained, discolored, and smelly. In this blog post, we'll show you how to clean a plush toy so that it looks and smells like new again.
Some plushies and stuffed animals are machine washable, but because of the nature of washing machines (turbulent beasts that they are) they can get faded or damaged, so we highly recommend hand washing your plushies and stuffed animals.
So how do you properly clean a plush toy? Well, it really depends on the exact plushie and stuffed animal itself but generally if you follow the guide below you should do just fine.
How to Clean a Plushie
1) Remove all of the stuffing from the plush toy. Be sure to do this gently so that you don't rip the seams. Once the stuffing is removed, set it aside in a safe place.
2) Using a mild detergent and warm water, spot clean any areas of the plush toy that are visibly soiled or stained. Be careful not to use too much detergent, as this can cause the colors of the fabric to run.
3) Once you've spot cleaned the plush toy, submerge it in a tub of warm water and allow it to soak for 10-15 minutes. This will help loosen any stubborn dirt or grime that may be embedded in the fabric.
4) After soaking, gently scrub the entire surface of the plush toy with a soft-bristled brush. Pay special attention to any areas that were stained or soiled before soaking.
5) Rinse the plush toy thoroughly with warm water to remove any soap residue. Be sure to rinse away all of the soap, as this can cause irritation if it's left on the skin.
6) Gently squeeze excess water from the plush toy and lay it flat on a towel to air dry. Once dry, fluff up any areas that may have become matted during cleaning. Finally, replace the stuffing and enjoy your clean, fresh-smelling plush toy!
We hope you found this blog post helpful! Cleaning your plush toys doesn't have to be difficult or time-consuming. By following these simple steps, you can keep your toys looking and smelling like new for years to come. Thanks for reading!